Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

An Academic Affair.

So, I didn't go to my convocation this year and my mother was pretty upset. I just didn't want to stand in the heat for hours only to walk accross a stage for 20 seconds and receive a diploma, that isnt even technically my diploma. That being said, I felt pretty bad that my mother felt she missed out on a "milestone", so I caved in and decided to attend a scholarship ceremony as compensation. I had no idea what to wear, and the lady I spoke to about the ceremony said, "well...don't show up in jeans?" Very helpful. So this is what I finally decided upon! I ended up being somewhat overdressed, but regardless, I still felt quite comfortable (:

Dress- Simply Be || Wedges-Naturalizer
<3

6 comments:

  1. you are so beautiful! i didn't go to my graduation when i got my masters... i went to the biggest public university in the states, so you can imagine how long graduation ceremonies were... and in the stifling heat! so i totally feel you :)

    xoxo
    sarah rose
    zezaftig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look gorgeous in your not-jeans outfit, and overdressed or not, you looked fab. But I'm jealous that you're able to wear tights this time of year, though. :D

    www.diyfatshion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see what you mean, I graduate in December and honestly I'm not sold on waiting hours to cross the stage in under a minute. I'm thinking a trip is way more rewarding! Love this outfit as always, you look stunning and like Dani I'm jealous you can wear tights right now. It's 90 degrees in the shade over here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely dress!!!!
    nice blog-i follow you!

    ReplyDelete