Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Style to Surpise- A Penningtons Event

I feel like I haven't done an outfit post in FOREVER! But alas, I have returned. With school starting up soon and me working crazy hours at my jobs, I barely had the time to look at myself in the mirror let alone put together post-worthy outfits. But enough of my complaining, on with the post!
I was fortunate enough to be invited to the launch party of Penningtons fall clothing line. Now, my thoughts on the event are...somewhat mixed...but I rather avoid turning into a total negative nancy. I could see that the store had made an effort to make their clothes more "youthful"- but at the same time I do feel there is a lot of progress to be made. Lets just sum it up by saying- I appreciate their efforts, but perhaps they should actually make attempts to engage in an active discussion with a younger demographic? Yes, we'll leave it at that. On the positive side- I was able to reconnect with old blogger friends, and meet a bunch of new ones, which was wonderful! As a blogger you often feel isolated, and in your own little bubble, so events like these where you can meet other bloggers make the entire blogging experience worthwhile. So on with the photos!

(Photographs are courtesy of Penningtons Staff Photographer, Sarah and Sasha/Garcia!)

 Karen of Curvy Canadian Alison from Round Raglan Road Sarah from Garters and Stockings Franceta from Frantic Dreams and Garcia, 1/2 of the Flaws of Couture duo.




Blazer+ Purse- Thrifted || Dress- Forever 21+ || Heeled Booties- Aldo

<3

4 comments:

  1. wow! you all look so fabulous, I follow most of these bloggers and I know it must of been exciting meeting up with them and having a great time!

    I love your dress and that blazer, such a cute outfit girl <3

    xoxo,
    daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. you all look great!
    aren't blogger meetups the greatest!

    ReplyDelete